Friday, October 7, 2011

all roads lead to quidquid


confession time: I really do not care for U2


I have recently hit 20,000 unique visits to my dumb little blog. In honor of this milestone, I’d like to share some statistics with you.

I love Google Analytics. I love combing through the stats and seeing how people get to my blog. Many come from Facebook or Twitter, but 20% of my traffic comes from search engines. And Google Analytics allows me to see what everyone is searching for that brings them to my blog. These searches fall into a few different categories:

DID NOT FIND WHAT THEY WERE LOOKING FOR
blueberry aioli recipe
cabbage drug
Chaka Khan marinade
dogs pulling airplane on snow
floppy melon doggy floor
grad school classics social life (haha)
“hello kitty and pocohontas” (I assume they were looking for this but instead found this
I like Boston
Jerry Doreen cabbage patch value
living in a cabbage truck
meeting a perfect person
one of the reasons was difficulty
Rodney King verdict

FOUND EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE LOOKING FOR…
Babyland General Hospital
being naked is awesome
Biloxi pirate ship
culture shock for a southerner living in Boston
everyone in Boston says all set
grad school classics bad idea
I lost my glasses in the ocean
Mardi Gras do’s and don’ts
satc 2 carrie selfish brat
surviving New England winters
terrible experiences in grad school

…DESPITE ALL ODDS
American girl Samantha watercress sandwich
Boudreaux Jenkins
cartman twelve gangs
cauterized uvula
definition of imagicillan
healthworks naked or nude or nudity
jack rabbit acceleration Toyota Avalon
lambert the sheepish lion discussion
mardi gras tablescape
number and color synesthesia mental math
shaq snow measurement boston
tree gives birth to child

POOR UNFORTUNATE SOULS
chicken parts
classics grad school that will pay for me
despite all my rage I was still just a level 3 mage
having s*x with a cabbage patch kids doll
naked site:quidquidquidquid.blogspot.com
naked womens changing room celebrations
old s*x in the bouet (I think this one is my favorite)
quidquid, human body party
rub some baby powder on the cabbage patch doll

GOT ANSWERS TO THEIR QUESTIONS
are children impressionable?
do New Englanders dislike southerners?
do southerners hate New Englanders?
do the indigo girls do private gigs?
is it bad luck to pick beads up off the ground at mardi gras?
should I go to grad school in classics?
what do women think about being nude in the locker room?

and finally, there’s a category that I can only call

GOOGLE IS MAGIC
classy bitches in fur coats
fingernail’s grip on reality
Georgia peach season in New England
grad school is like a vodka drinking contest
hit the players club bout a month or two
starburst mouth burns
the worst kind of mischief that can get into the country

DISCUSSION QUESTION:: What’s your favorite stupid search term that led to my blog? What’s your favorite quidquid post? Thanks so much for reading my blog and sharing the link with aw your peeps.

13 comments:

  1. none of yo' links are working.

    and my favorite quidquid post is the one i wrote OH SNAP I WENT THERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaka Khan marinade is by far the funniest. My favourite quidquid post is the one where you spraypainted a bad word on a construction trailer or church or church construction trailer.

    One time I made the horrible mistake of captioning a picture "preteen girl squad" (like Teen Girl Squad, you know? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=539zCn8ySbc) and for like a year I had people finding my blog by searching for stuff like "preteen girl peeing" and preteen girl feet" and "preteen girl fat." It was a dark time in my site stats FOR SURE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU MOLLY!!! That would have been a disaster.

    Tanie, nothing makes you lose faith in humanity like Google Analytics. I'm glad you liked my spraypainting post--I think I need to resurrect some more embarrassing stories from my childhood! There are so many to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to make a post that satisfies all of the things that people come to your blog looking for. Especially the chaka khan marinade

    ReplyDelete
  5. you want to do a guest post about floppy melon doggy floor? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. my favorite was the old folks sex too! and my favorite search term is definitely classy bitches in fur coats for this very personal reason: http://bitly.com/pxzlLp

    ReplyDelete
  7. O.K. where exactly do I paste the tracking configuration code onto my own blog to get a piece of this sweet action?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mo, you're the classiest bitch in a fur coat that I know.

    Meg, check this out: http://andywibbels.com/how-to-add-google-analytics-to-your-blogger-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grad school is like a vodka drinking contest wasn't me, but is the total truth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Furry Snuff-leupagus"

    -I was way off like Samsonite

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!!! I don't remember how I found your blog, but it sure wasn't through any of these searches. :) My blog analytics aren't nearly so amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. however you found it, Brenda, I'm glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete